Monday 10 December 2012

Runner Profile Number 4: Lynne Taylor


Name: Lynne Taylor

Age: 39

How long a member of Glossopdale Harriers? : 1 year

Favourite Band : Faithless

Best Film : Nikita

Favourite Food : steak & chips, strawberries & cream

3 song running playlist: I never listen to music while running, it would totally take away the essence of why I run, which is to be out there immersed in nature

Most Informative Running Book: none, Jeff Galloway's advice on walk breaks is something I refer to often for my own training and with my sports massage clients

Sporting Role Models: anyone who is dedicated

Favourite Race / Races : no particular favourite though I do prefer orienteering races

Best training tip for other harriers : Having a goal is a good motivator but the main thing for me is to just get out there, enjoy the hills and keep smiling. Good recovery is key - which mostly equates to learning how to rest effectively, use a foam roller and have regular sports massage.

2013 Running Goals: sub 50min 10k (currently I'm around 58mins and haven't yet done a 10k race)

Comfiest Running Shoes: INOV8 X-Talon 212's

Favourite Night Out : spending time with friends

Top Tipple: home brewed blackberry vodka, or port

Pre-race breakfast : muesli or porridge and a banana

Race you would like to see brought back : n/a as I don't know what's no longer around!

Evening before race meal : whatever is being cooked

2 comments:

  1. What about your music choices if they were played over a PA system within a mile of a race that you are struggling to finish. I agree would never run with headphones on the fells and they are a pet hate of mine in races and park runs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what music I would associate with running, it's not something I've really ever thought about!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.